Help define and drive the future of HSBC’s digital design. Be a part in identifying product strategy and envisioning the ecosystems and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. Provide a clear vision of the future of UX for the services.
- Oversee quality of design solutions as they related to UX and Interaction Design.
- Elevate and strengthen UX Design as a practice.
- Translate requirements into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Facilitate product visions by conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Defining interaction models, user task flows, and UI (user interface) specifications
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core and new functions and features
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Typical Targets and Measures
Impact on the Business [COMPLETE 3-4 AREAS]
- Enhance HSBC’s overall customer experience to create positive impact on people’s perception of the brand
- Be the gate keeper in ensuring the UX is intuitive and consistent across journeys
- Ensure design principles and aligned UX are clearly translated and articulated in the artifacts
- Customer engagement and satisfaction
- Increased interaction with the product and high product usage
- Adoption of the product/services
Customers / Stakeholders [COMPLETE 3-4 AREAS]
- Be the voice of the customer to build a customer experience driven culture
- Work with stakeholders and customers to ensure the outcome of the project answers both customer and business needs
- Devise and prioritize functions and features for the product
- Positive feedback from all stakeholders
- Customer satisfaction associated with product features and roadmaps
Leadership & Teamwork [COMPLETE 3-4 AREAS]
- Provide leadership and direction for UX Designers on the project for a sustainable user centric culture
- Assist the CX Lead, UI Lead, product management in creating and maintaining best in class experience for customers
- Be the bridge between functional teams, increase communication to minimize gaps between UX flows
- Team satisfaction
- Limited churn rate
- Successful collaboration with other teams
Operational Effectiveness & Control [COMPLETE 3-4 AREAS]
- Establish and maintain UX guidelines, principles and best practices to ensure consistency and minimize unnecessary, repetitive work
- Mentor and grow UX designers to lessen reliance on external vendors
- Regular review to identify key risks, issues and interdependencies. Determine and apply appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Ensure an equal and balanced focus is maintained on operating and regulatory risks and ensure the Virtual Management Team positively identifies and mitigates these in a manner that protects the Brand.
- Ensure regular and positive engagement with key support functions such as Risk, Compliance and HR to ensure alignment of policies and plans necessary to deliver a demanding transformation benefit target.
- Implementation of Global Standards, Financial Crime Compliance and Risk considerations in an aligned manner within the context of the RBWM strategy through operational practice and planned activity
- Limited churn rate
- Adherence to Risk, Compliance, Global Standard and FCC requirements
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder’s abilities)
- Working under pressure, flexibility to redesign solutions in the face of ongoing change and iterative development, coordination of a diverse suite of stakeholders, optimization of resources against complex technical deployments.
- Provide market-leading, compelling Digital product experiences that can leverage the global scale and distribution network.
- Ensuring that all HSBC RBWM services offer outstanding Digital customer experience and fully deliver on the brand promise and a coherent Digital Strategy.
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
- This role holders will be expected to operate largely independently but within a design team.
- This role will include dotted reporting from other teams.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
- Adheres to processes and controls to identify and mitigate risks and ensures timely escalation of control issues and reputation risks.
- Demonstrates leadership on regulatory and compliance matters. Maintains awareness of risk and minimizes the likelihood of it occurring through its identification, assessment, mitigation and control.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards and addresses audit points and/or any issues raised by regulators in a timely manner.
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards and addresses audit points and/or any issues raised by regulators in a timely manner. Fosters a compliance culture within the team, managing compliance risk and ensuring that the necessary training is completed. Optimizes relations with regulators.
HSBC is one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations. We serve more than 40 million customers through our global businesses: Wealth and Personal Banking, Commercial Banking, and Global Banking & Markets. ... Our purpose – Opening up a world of opportunity – explains why we exist.