What if your job description were simply “make tomorrow better?” Every day at Microsoft, we bring an insatiable curiosity to the workplace, challenging ourselves to reimagine what it is and what it can be. We build on what’s come before to create what’s next. We help shape the future and we empower billions of people around the globe. Online Advertising is one of the fastest growing businesses on the Internet today, with about $70 billion of a $600 billion advertising market already online. Search engines, web publishers, major ad networks, and ad exchanges are now serving billions of ad impressions per day and generating terabytes of user events data every day. The rapid growth of online advertising has created enormous opportunities as well as technical challenges that demand computationally intelligence and scalable algorithms. Eventually Computational Advertising has emerged as a new interdisciplinary field that involves information retrieval, data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling, optimization, linear algebra, and micro-economics, to solve challenging problems that arise in online advertising.
We need candidates who have shipped products or worked on large scale online services and have 4 or more years of relevant software development experience. This is a rare opportunity to influence technology development in an important growth area at Microsoft. You will design, implement, analyze and tune complex algorithms operating on large datasets in collaboration with top scientists and engineers across Microsoft’s global R&D team.
- Working with product manager and UX designers to build flexible, performant and clean browser-based user experiences for Ads related products.
- Own the delivery of an integral piece of an application.
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Drive best practices and engineering excellence.
- As a UI developer you will be responsible for making direct impact on associated customers user experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- BTech/MTech in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline.
- At least 4 years of experience of developing web-based user interfaces, with fluency in object-oriented programming language like C#/Java.
- Excellent problem-solving, coding and debugging capabilities, with strong fundamentals in computer science like data structures, algorithms and system.
- Working knowledge of how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g. images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g. using CDNs, caching, compression).
- Experience in translating design mockups and prototypes into working applications.
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability by simplifying API/UI experiences.
- Able to deal with ambiguity, appetite for risk and influence team members and leaders in a collaborative and inclusive manner.
- Experience with access control and security a plus.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Learn more about our company, who we are and what we value.